Sunday, June 14, 2015

Paper Crafters Corner Magazine: Monday Challenge #103

 
I absolutely love how refreshing this magazine cover is! The cool colors and simple features make me want to eat watermelon and drink a refreshing drink in this hot Arizona heat I live in! So I chose to create a simple scrapbook page that from the viewers perspective can relate to the relaxing Beach scene as they overlook their children or mine as it were.
 
 


 
I used Close to my Heart paper, marker and stamps. White cardstock and My Reflections "Elemental; June Word Puzzle, Paradise, Rustic Flowers, Summertime, & Holiday Red marker. I also used Julie Nutting's Prima doll mixed media stamp. Inks included Tim Holtz Distress Markers Mermaid Lagoon, Pumice Stone, Antique Linen, Abandoned Coral, Shabby Shutters, Squeezed Lemonade & Tea Dye. And Dylusions Pure Sunshine and Postbox Red Liquitex Gesso and Faber Castell Gelatos which was a first for me! Salmon yellow red and orange. I love the shimmery effect it left on the flowers! Of course now I want to run to the beach and soak up some of this summer sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment